Staying motivated at work can be trying at times. Everyone has days where they just can’t seem to get it together. It’s going to happen even to the best and most productive workers. So, what can we do to stay motivated?
Willpower and motivation go hand-in-hand. With a decrease in willpower, we experience ego depletion. When this happens, brain power slows down and we become more impulsive and emotional. In this mode, good habits are more difficult to maintain. Some of the reasons our levels of willpower drop are:
- Anything that requires a lot of brain power depletes willpower. Throughout the day, you’re constantly making decisions or solving difficult tasks. That’s why it’s important to find the most efficient way to accomplish each task.
- Strong urges, such as desiring a cigarette, can be very disruptive to your productivity. Be mindful of the urge. How do you feel about this sudden urge? Mindfulness is a form of meditation and, if you stay positive, the urge will go away.
- We’re constantly making decisions throughout the day. Making lists is a dynamic way of avoiding decision fatigue. By planning your tasks ahead of time, it’s far easier to stay motivated and productive.
- Writing down your intentions/goals is a great approach to staying motivated. However, make sure your goals are realistic. By breaking your tasks into manageable goals, you’ll hit those milestones in a timelier manner.
- When we’re doing what we love, our willpower isn’t drained. Feeling energized and ready to take on the world. So, it’s vital that you learn to enjoy your tasks. Surrounding yourself with like-minded people will also boost your motivation.
Ease the burden of corporate travel by providing Limo Service Tampa. Employees will be rested and more motivated upon arrival. Network Transportation is a Tampa Limousine Service, providing limousines for Tampa Airport Shuttle and Business Tampa events. In addition, we offer assistance in travel plans and connections worldwide.
Going to work every day in a motivational slump can create stress and negative effects on your physical and mental health. This can cause feelings of guilt concerning your career. When our energy level doesn’t match our aspirations, frustration can set in. Causing further disruptions in our life.
Finding out what is draining your energy is the first step in finding your motivation. Several causes of a motivational slump and solutions for getting back on track are:
Burnout – Making yourself available around-the-clock can lead to serious burnout and cause resentment toward the workplace. Learning to say no and prioritizing tasks allows you to concentrate on what’s most important.
- However, do this with a true and positive intention. You’ve chosen to accomplish a task, which invokes a feeling of autonomy. Which then leads to motivation.
Motivational Dips – If you’re having problems getting started on a difficult task, break it down into manageable pieces. You’ll feel less overwhelmed and anxious. In addition, develop a warm-up exercise that helps you transition into a work mode (e.g., a 10-minute meditation exercise).
Social Needs – Feeling accepted and appreciated is a very important aspect to staying motivated. It’s very common for people to feel emotionally disconnected in the workplace.
- Successful teams have developed mutual respect and trust and are far more happy, confident, and productive.
In addition, managers can really boost motivation by providing a clear picture of how each employee’s efforts tie into accomplishing the company’s goals. Everyone needs this reinforcement in order to stay motivated.
There are a variety of ways to inspire motivation through team-building exercises.
- Assigning tasks to individual team members based on interest, as well as skills.
- Offering flexible schedules or the ability to work remotely.
- Creating workflow boards or online systems, where team members can monitor project status.
- Holding skill-sharing exercises, where individual team members can learn new skills from each other.
- Creating a dynamic workplace with natural light, ergonomic furniture/equipment (As well as quiet zones to limit distractions).
- Reducing office chatter by creating social spaces away from working areas.
- Designing meeting rooms with colorful décor and comfortable seating areas.
- Keeping an open-door policy to prevent disconnect or misdirection.
- Easing the stress of corporate travel through Limo Rental Tampa.
Finally, we’ve included quotes from some of the greats who agree that hard work and perseverance despite setbacks results in success.
“Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.” — Winston S. Churchill
“Don’t let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning.” — Robert Kiyosaki
“Fall seven times and stand up eight.” — Japanese Proverb
“I failed my way to success.” — Thomas Edison
When you think Limo Tampa, your best choice for limo reservations is Network Transportation. Based in Tampa, Florida, we’re a worldwide chauffeured service. Offering convenient and affordable luxury ground transportation to TPA Airport, business Tampa events, as well as private parties, weddings, and much more!
Arriving at the airport, you will be greeted by a professionally-trained chauffeur to assist with your luggage. In addition, provide a safe, comfortable ride to your ground destinations. With our fleet of luxury sedans, stretch limos, and limo buses, we can provide safe and comfortable transportation for any size group! Call or visit our website and make your reservation today!
Written By: Margie Lubin